Q.

How can I boost my testosterone level?

Related Topics: Testosterone

Emory University
A.

There are two methods of naturally boosting your testosterone level that are effective, safe, and health-promoting:

• Lose weight. Experts don’t know exactly why, but it’s clear that losing pounds tends to push testosterone levels up.
  • Exercise. Physical activity will tend to improve testosterone, but weight lifting or other resistance exercise gives testosterone the biggest boost.

Keep in mind, the lower limit of normal for a testosterone test comes from what’s abnormally low for a young man. Testosterone naturally declines with age, so “low” may actually be just fine for an otherwise healthy man in his 40s or older. Many men with supposedly “low testosterone” have plenty of energy, muscle mass, and libido. Others don’t, but it’s not always clear that’s due to the low testosterone level.