How long do I have to stay on Nortriptyline for migraine prevention?

Related Topics: Migraine

Duke Pain and Palliative Care Clinic

If it is working for your headaches, its reasonable to stay on it for awhile. Usually I tell patients that after some time, we can gradually taper off the prevention medication.

How soon you taper down depends on how long you were having problems from your headaches. It your headaches were a problem for many years, you may want to stay on the medication longer.

Read the Original Article: Nortriptyline-how long do I have to stay on it?