Q.

While on vacation, I took some Restoril for sleep. My excuse was "jet lag". Should I report this to my psychologist?

Related Topics: Jet Lag

Addiction Medicine
Betty Ford Center
A.
A single dose of Restoril won't kill you, but secrets will. Only you can say if this is a slip or a relapse. Relapse is an abandonment of recovery principles and/or a weakening of your program, which ends in the use of the drink or drug. Relapse is not an event, it is a process. I would report this incident, re-evaluate your program, use your sponsor and work those Steps. If you need to strengthen your recovery, consider an evaluation or a recovery enrichment program. A short stay in treatment or a weeklong workshop may be just what you need.

Read the Original Article: Question for Dr. Haroutunian