A good way to enjoy the foods listed above is to cook them in a healthy way. Here are some heartburn-friendly cooking tips:
- Choose lean meats, such as skinless chicken, meat with little visible fat, ground turkey instead of ground beef, and fish. Lean beef cuts include round, chuck, sirloin, or loin. Lean pork cuts include tenderloin or loin chop.
- Bake or broil foods instead of frying.
- Skim off fat from meat during cooking.
- Go easy on seasoning. Most seasonings are OK as long as they are not spicy, but should be used in moderation.
- Substitute low-fat dairy products, such as low-fat yogurt, for ice cream.
- Steam your vegetables using water only.
- Limit butter, oils, and cream sauces. Use cooking spray instead of cooking oil when sautéing.
- Choose low-fat or non-fat ingredients over full-fat products.
- Get creative. There are all kinds of ways to modify recipes. Don't be afraid to try new things.
This answer should not be considered medical advice...This answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.
Archived: March 20, 2014
Thanks for your feedback.
74 of 76 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Hiatal Hernia Diet Tips