The following foods are low-acid-producing foods and should not aggravate your hiatal hernia symptoms:
- Bananas and apples
- Green beans, peas, carrots, and broccoli
- Grains, like cereals (bran and oatmeal), bread, rice, pasta, and crackers
- Low-fat or skim milk and low-fat yogurt
- Egg whites and egg substitutes
- Fat-free cheeses, cream cheese, and fat-free sour cream
- Lean meat, chicken, and fish
- Pretzels, graham crackers, rice cakes, and baked potato chips
- Low-fat sweets (no chocolate or mint)
You may find that some of the foods listed under "foods to avoid" may not bother you, while others on the "foods to enjoy" list may cause discomfort. Everyone tolerates food differently. To determine the best diet for you, keep a food diary for a few weeks.
This answer should not be considered medical advice...This answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.
Archived: March 20, 2014
Thanks for your feedback.
399 of 410 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Hiatal Hernia Diet Tips