My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

I have a hard red spot, about the size of a quarter, near my ankle. It does not hurt. What could it be?

Related Topics: Ankle, Skin, Pain

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery and Skin Care
273 Answers
4,097 Helpful Votes

Your dermatologist should evaluate skin changes or abnormal spots. A lesion that feels hard may be scar tissue. However, you should be evaluated for any underlying skin cancer.

When evaluating your skin, look for changes in the area, border, or color of the skin. These are the "ABCs" of skin cancer detection.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

3 of 7 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Beauty Tips for Your 20s: Ask the Dermatologist