Q.

I'm 24, but laugh lines and forehead wrinkles are already apparent on my face. Can I slow them down?

Related Topics: Forehead, Wrinkle

Dermatology
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery and Skin Care
A.

Sun damage and smoking are the No. 1 reasons for premature aging or wrinkling of the skin. Therefore, you should incorporate the use of sunblock in your daily skin-care regimen.

Next, utilize a daily skin regimen that exfoliates your skin, which will help remove dead skin cells. This should be followed by a non-comedogenic moisturizer that contains vitamins (C & E) and rebuilds peptides for your skin.

Read the Original Article: Beauty Tips for Your 20s: Ask the Dermatologist

A.
use a very dramatic moisturizer!! I use multiple moisturizers and it seriously takes away my laugh lines and wrinkles. And i smile ALL the time. try using moisturizers that are for dry skin. I use several natural oatmeal moistorizers that work and i use a heavy body butter around the area that i have most trouble with and a gentle baby lotion for the areas i dont have trouble with.

You can also use natural exfoliators, I have noticed they work SO much better than commercial ones!! Try baking soda and water, apply to face, keep it on for a minute or two (never longer than 3 min because of the result of skin irritation) grab a rag and put cool water on it and gently wipe it off. Sometimes, if it doesn't all come off and you can still feel the particles on your face, then i put my face under the faucet. You can do it however you want though, but you can instantly tell the difference between your first try!

Don't stop smiling!

A.

Externally, there are topical line relaxers, the most effective target just the line you want to treat.  The line fillers are meant to "fill in" your lines, but don't seem to work too well for me. I think regular consistent care of the skin is the most important thing you can do. Routinely moisturize your skin twice a day, face and neck. Shower and  then follow with a good thick moisturizer that has vitamins C, E, A with hyaluronic acid and sunscreen. Avoid products with alcohol as an ingredient as this will dry and damage new skin. Clean skin at night and use a good night cream. Personally,  I love the Olay Refinishing Night Cream, makes skin so soft and smells great. Internally, drink water and eat your berries &  veggies. Take a B Vitamin complex with Biotin, fish oil, and a  multivitamin. If your lines don't respond to a line relaxer and twice daily TLC, a precription for Retinol may do the trick.. I personally find these creams effective:  Strivectin Lift cream really lifts! The newest Neutrogena Tone improving  moisturizer is a nice effective cream that brightens skin well, The Olay refinishing line helps with surface problems such as large pores. I also use Vitamin E oil and Collagen(absorbed through skin) about once a week after a shower on wet skin. Allover. Then of course, there's always Botox.

A.
Our body is like a computer.... garbage in, garbage out. I highly recommend that you look at your diet. Are you eating a lot of processed foods? There is not much nutrition in processed foods, if any. In my opinion, even organic processed food is garbage. Once something has been processed, it is dead food. Are you eating fresh fruits and vegetables (preferably organic, so your immune system can heal your skin and does not have to fight all the chemicals in conventional foods)? Raw, unprocessed nuts? Eggs (yes, they are really good for you!!!) Stay away from conventional meats and dairy? It is truly true... you are what you eat!!! Make it an adventure to discover real food, not stuff that comes from a box. You will see your skin become as it should be at your age, luminous and supple. Granted, it takes a little effort, but once you see the results in your skin (and you will) you gladly eat at home and make it a home cooked meal. Highly recommend you study up on healthy nutrition, maybe take a cooking course. I am 64 and almost wrinkle free, my weight is normal and I can pass for 50. That is what good nutrition can do for you.

My best wishes to you,
R.D.