Q.

How can a stye be cured or treated?

Related Topics: Sty

A.

While painful and unsightly, most styes heal within a few days on their own or with simple treatment.

Typical treatment for a sty consists of applying warm compresses to the affected eye for 10 to 15 minutes four times daily for several days. This not only relieves pain and inflammation but also helps the sty ripen faster. Be sure to close your eye while you apply the compresses. When the sty comes to a head, continue applying warm compresses to relieve pressure and promote rupture. Do not squeeze the sty. Let it burst on its own. More severe styes may require topical and occasionally oral antibiotics.

If styes recur, your doctor may prescribe a local antibiotic ointment or an oral antibiotic. Take the antibiotic as directed.

Minor surgery may be needed to completely drain a stye. After applying a local anesthetic, your ophthalmologist opens the sty and removes the contents. The eyelid usually heals quickly.

Read the Original Article: Understanding Stye - Treatment

A.
I had not one but two styes on top of my eyelid - for over a month!.  After washing the area with soap and water I tried various natural ointments and treatments.  Finally I received great overnight relief from applying Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel - probably other gels will work just as well.  Slather on as much gel as you want as often as you want.  Shrinks the stye and clears the infection.  Do not put gel inside the eye or eyelid - only on top of the eyelid.  DBellRings 02/06/14

A.
if a 5 yr. old girl had a stye under the middle of her top eyelid as big as her little fingers finger nail,then it shirnked a little,and then a tiny one came out on her bottom eyelid in the middle,its getting bigger,used warm clothswhy is she still getting these and is there a cure for these

A.
I've had this stye one week.  I have been using warm compresses but the stye doesn't seem to come to a head.  It is not painful, just annoying.  How can I get rid of it.