Q.

What are good treatments for rosacea at age 36?

Related Topics: Rosacea

Dermatology
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery and Skin Care
A.
Your first step is to avoid direct sun exposure, alcohol, or any other lifestyle factors that may irritate your skin and trigger rosacea outbreaks. There is no cure for rosacea, but with treatment you may be able to control the symptoms. Antibiotic pills and topical creams may treat symptoms. Topical tretinoin compounds and lasers may be used to control refractory rosacea.

Read the Original Article: Looking Good in Your 30s: Ask the Dermatologist

A.
I have had rosacea since my late 20s (now in my late 30s)  Here are the tips I've learned:

• Be religious about sunscreen. If I have direct sunlight without sunscreen, I will be red for HOURS
  • Experiment and learn which products work best to control your rosacea. Everyone is different, but once you find stuff, stick with it. I've found that baby shampoo as a cleanser, while a little drying, does THE best at controlling my rosacea of all things.  I've also found that Larenim and pure minerals makeups actually help clear up my rosacea rather than causing more probelms.
Most of the tips I'd learned when I first got it was about knowing and avoiding triggers. My triggers are sunlight, exercise, and alcohol.