Q.

Would it be dangerous for me to stop taking my Crestor for high cholesterol?

Related Topics: High Cholesterol

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
A.
If you stop taking Crestor on your own, the danger is that your cholesterol will rise.

This puts you at increased risk for heart attacks and strokes. There is no immediate danger, but it would not be in your best interest if you are at risk for heart attacks and strokes.

You should talk to your health-care professional before stopping any prescription medication.

Read the Original Article: Blood Pressure & Cholesterol: Ask the Pharmacist