Q.

My husband takes HCTZ and lisinopril for high blood pressure. He had his wisdom teeth taken out. Can he take ibuprofen?

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
A.

Yes, he can take ibuprofen for short-term pain while taking lisinopril and HCTZ. There are no significant interactions with this combination.

The only concern would be that, in the first few days after surgery, some doctors suggest avoiding ibuprofen because of its potential to cause bleeding. But after the first day or two, it is usually fine.

Talk to your dentist if you have concerns.

Read the Original Article: Blood Pressure and Cholesterol: Ask the Pharmacist