Q.

I’m taking the antibiotic Bactrim and also take enalipril for high blood pressure. Will these two drugs interact?

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
A.

They should not affect the efficacy of each other. There are no significant interactions reported between these two medications, except that when taking Bactrim, you are more likely to experience high potassium levels, which is a side effect of enalapril.

If you are concerned about drug interactions, you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist, who can help you sort through your concerns.

Read the Original Article: Blood Pressure & Cholesterol: Ask the Pharmacist