Q.

My husband takes the blood thinner Effient. Does he need to limit the amount of leafy greens he eats?

Related Topics: Blood Thinner

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
A.

No. Effient does not work by inhibiting vitamin K.

So there is no reason to change your diet when taking it.

Read the Original Article: Men's Health Issues: Ask the Pharmacist

A.

Yes he does. His doctor should advise him. My Doctor suggested that IF I eat any leafy green vegetables, make it very little and only once in a great while. and say only once a month. leafy green vegetables have Vitamin K in it. Vitamin K have a natural blood thinner in it. It is not consistant how your body absorbs it. Blood thinners are the only safe way to go.