Q.

I'm on Imitrex and amitriptyline for migraines, and starting a weight loss program that uses phentermine. Is that safe?

Related Topics: Migraine

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
A.
Are you starting the weight loss program under the care of a physician?

If you have all your prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy, your pharmacist will screen for potential drug interactions and make sure that your phentermine is safe to use with Imitrex and amitriptyline.

Read the Original Article: Succeeding in New Year's Resolutions: Ask the Pharmacist