A.
A fracture is a break in bone or cartilage. Although usually the result of trauma, a fracture can be caused by an acquired disease of bone such as osteoporosis.

Read the Original Article: Osteoporosis Glossary

A.

Speaking from experience, my husband has the same situation!  His right leg is amputated from below the knee and has a prosthetic leg now!  Prior to that he had hip replacement on the same right hip!  Then this past October he had fallen and fractured his left hip!  So he went in to have surgery (metal on metal) to repare the left leg.  Although he is 70 years old, with the proper physical therapy he was able to go back to walking without anything but some use of his walker at times and the rest of the time without his walker but using a cane!  since you are a bit younger then him and seem to have a great outlook on life you should have no problem going back to work or doing anything that you want to do.  Here is my personal email address if you want to talk or ask me anymore questions: malmquiste@yahoo.com.  Good luck!

A.
I can walk, but when I twist or bend over; the pain really becomes sharp. The pain occurs on the top of my right hip bone, The only thing that I have done was some heavy lifting of a riding lawn mower when it got stuck' but I have had no trauma to the hip directly. I can walk slowly being careful about twisting or bending. I picked zucchni and pickles in the garden and experienced moderate pain. This kind situation with pain has been going on for about 3 days, I suppose I am mostly worried because of my age of 73 and I have a bad habit of lifting things that are to heavy for my age. I helped load my daughters piano into a truck in January of this year; but had no problems at all.