Q.

What is variant angina in the chest?

Related Topics: Angina, Chest

A.
Variant angina is a type of angina (chest pain) that occurs at rest most often due to coronary spasm.

Read the Original Article: A Glossary of Heart Disease Terms

A.
  • for more and cure you can visit on www.globalbgcb.webs.com.

Prinzmetal's angina is a form of chest pain, pressure, or tightness (angina) caused by spasms in the arteries that supply blood to the heart. It is a form of unstable angina, meaning that it occurs at rest, often without a predictable pattern. This is in contrast to stable angina, in which chest pain occurs in a predictable pattern during exertion or exercise.1

Episodes of chest pain caused by Prinzmetal's angina usually occur in clusters, with periods of frequent episodes lasting for a few months followed by weeks or months with no chest pain episodes. The pain usually occurs between midnight and approximately 8:00 AM.2 Prinzmetal's angina may have no identifiable trigger, or may be brought on by hyperventilation, exposure to cold, or extreme emotional stress.

Prinzmetal's angina is named after the researcher who first noted that coronary artery spasms were to blame. It is also called variant angina because of the unusual pattern of chest pain episodes.

for more and cure you can visit on www.globalbgcb.webs.com.

A.
I had a really bad cough in January this year. Since then, I have had a off and on pain in my chest that happens especially when I twist my upper body .  There is no shortness of breath or pain anywhere else. 

Next Question: