Q.

When do I need to get the meningitis vaccine, and how often?

Related Topics: Meningitis

A.

It is routine for children who go to the pediatrician at age 11 or 12 to receive this vaccine. When children get older and leave home, almost every college requires or strongly recommends that students be vaccinated before they come to campus.

At the moment, this is a one-dose immunization, but the CDC is now discussing whether children who receive the vaccine at 11 or 12 years old need a booster shot just before college.

Read the Original Article: Meningitis Vaccine and Adults: Expert Q&A -- Who needs the meningitis vaccine and when