Q.

I take Lexapro antidepressant. Can I take an over-the-counter medicine for my allergies?

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
A.
Over-the-counter antihistamines are safe to take if you use Lexapro. But I suggest you use one that does not cause drowsiness. Antihistamines can cause drowsiness, which can be more pronounced in someone taking a medication like Lexapro. Always ask your pharmacist before using an over-the-counter medication to ensure it is safe for you.

Read the Original Article: Fall Allergy Treatments: Ask the Pharmacist