Q.

Can I take diphenhydramine while taking amitriptyline hydrochloride?

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
A.
Both amitriptyline and diphenhydramine can cause side effects such as drowsiness, dry mouth, and constipation. If you take them together you may notice more intense side effects. Other than that, they are safe to use together for most people.

If you notice side effects that are very bothersome or severe, you should talk to your health-care professional.

Read the Original Article: Fall Allergy Treatments: Ask the Pharmacist