Q.

Can an antihistamine allergy pill be taken with high blood pressure medication?

Related Topics: High Blood Pressure, Drug

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
A.
Most antihistamines are safe to use with medications for high blood pressure. But I would avoid the ones that also contain a decongestant, as these may raise blood pressure.

I would need to know which medications you take in order to provide a more precise answer. You should talk to your pharmacist before taking any over-the-counter medications, especially if you have high blood pressure.

Read the Original Article: Fall Allergy Treatments: Ask the Pharmacist