Q.

My bedtime blood sugar was 134. This morning it was 113. What is the normal range?

I ate a burrito, Tater Tots and soft drink at noon yesterday and skipped supper.

Tufts Medical Center
A.

Normal blood glucose readings are:

Fasting: 70-100.

Two hours after a meal: 100-140.

Your fasting blood glucose reading of 113 could indicate pre-diabetes. It would be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor.

You can also adopt a healthier lifestyle that includes regular exercise and a healthy diet of lower fat and lower carb foods like lean meats, some dairy products, vegetables and multi- or whole-grain products.

The meal you had at noon was very high in carbohydrates. It may be a good idea for you to make an appointment with a nutritionist or dietitian.

Read the Original Article: Blood sugar levels