Q.

Is oatmeal good for diabetes?

Related Topics: Diabetes, Oatmeal

A.
The amount of oatmeal and the type are very important, I prefer steel cut organic with fresh dried amounds groud-up, with 3 ozs of half and half, with a small pat of organic butter........ Margarine is no good for you at all. 1/2 cup is a good size, along with a scrambled egg in a non-greased pan.......Cup of coffee and my supplements............  Average blood sugar spike for me was only 35 points.........

A.

Oats are a very good source of grain.  One reason oatmeal would be good for diabetes is due to its high fiber content.  Another benefit is that it contains no sugar.

A.

I am confused by the information and recommendation about eating oatmeal when you are diabetic.  I have tried steel cut, old fashioned, etc...and my blood sugar always goes UP dramatically regardless. Even eating it by itself or with just fruit and cinnamon etc...I don't see how this is a healthy choice for diabetics....