Q.

I was taking 300 mcg of melatonin. Now I can only find 3 mg. Which is stronger?

Related Topics: Melatonin

Pharmacology
A.
One milligram (mg) is equal to 1,000 micrograms (mcg). Therefore, if you were taking 300 micrograms of melatonin then you would need to find a product that is 0.3 milligrams of melatonin. The highest amount of melatonin found over-the-counter is 3 milligrams or 3,000 micrograms. There are different strengths available.

If you cannot find the dose you are looking for, speak with your local pharmacist. They can order different strengths for you to purchase that are still over-the-counter, and that don’t require a prescription.

Read the Original Article: Energy Boosters: Ask the Pharmacist