Q.

My son accidentally took my husband's Zestril blood pressure medicine. He is 12 years old. Should we go to the ER?

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
A.
You should call the poison hotline any time someone takes a medication that is not intended for them. The universal poison control number is 800-222-1222.

They will be able to provide you with advice on how to handle the situation. You should keep all of your prescriptions out of the reach of children, and store medications for different people in the household in different areas to avoid mix-ups.

Read the Original Article: Treating Colds and Flu: Ask the Pharmacist