My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

My son accidentally took my husband's Zestril blood pressure medicine. He is 12 years old. Should we go to the ER?


Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
314 Answers
8,804 Helpful Votes
You should call the poison hotline any time someone takes a medication that is not intended for them. The universal poison control number is 800-222-1222.

They will be able to provide you with advice on how to handle the situation. You should keep all of your prescriptions out of the reach of children, and store medications for different people in the household in different areas to avoid mix-ups.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

6 of 12 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Treating Colds and Flu: Ask the Pharmacist