How much Tylenol can I give a 6-year-old, weighing 45-50 pounds?

Related Topics: Acetaminophen

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
It is always a good idea to speak with your pharmacist before giving your child an over-the-counter medication like Tylenol.

The proper dose for a child of that height and weight would be 10 mL, or 2 teaspoonfuls of the Children’s Tylenol liquid, which would provide 320 mg of acetaminophen.

If you do not want to use liquid, you can give a 6-year-old two Junior Strength Tylenol meltaways, which would be the same dose.

Read the Original Article: Treating Colds and Flu: Ask the Pharmacist