Q.

I have a bad sinus head cold. Can I take over-the-counter cold medicines along with my high blood pressure medicine?

Associate Clinical Professor, St. John's University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
A.
If you have high blood pressure it is usually advised that you avoid cold medicines that contain a decongestant like pseudoephedrine or phenylephrine, because they can raise the blood pressure and heart rate in some people.

Your pharmacist can help you choose a cold medicine that will help your symptoms and mix well with your prescription medications.

Read the Original Article: Cold & Flu Medicine Safety: Ask the Pharmacist