Q.

Is saw palmetto was a good supplement for vaginal dryness and indigestion in menopausal and post menopausal women?

Obstetrics & Gynecology
Yale School of Medicine
A.

I'm not so sure I'd jump into saw palmetto at this point.

There are a couple of reports on its use to reduce prostate size in males (and even there, the literature isn't definitive) -- but there is no definitive data on its use in women.

There are other over-the-counter remedies for several of the problems you list. If the problem of dryness is vaginal dryness, I'd go with something like Replens. For indigestion issues, you could start with something like Tums, or if you need something stronger, try the acid-blocker medications (things like OTC Prilosec, or Prevacid, or Tagamet).

But I'd tend to go with those, instead of trying the palmetto.

Read the Original Article: Saw palmetto for older women