Viral pneumonia usually has these symptoms:
- Low fever
- Muscle aches
- Enlarged lymph nodes in the neck
- Chest pain
- Sore throat
- Coughing that usually brings up only a small amount of mucus
Bacterial pneumonia usually has these symptoms:
- High fever
- Cough with thick greenish or rust-colored mucus
- Shortness of breath
- Rapid breathing
- Sharp chest pain that is worse with deep breaths
- Abdominal pain
- Severe fatigue
- You may also notice chills, profuse sweating, and mental confusion.
Bacterial pneumonia in children may include the following symptoms:
- Labored and rapid breathing (more than 45 breaths a minute)
- Sudden onset of fever
- Bluish skin, lips, or fingertips
Mycoplasma pneumonia, one common type of infection, is often benign and resolves without any treatment. Symptoms may include the following:
- Violent attacks of coughing that bring up only a small amount of mucus
- Chills and fever
- Nausea or vomiting
- Weakness for up to a month.
This answer should not be considered medical advice...This answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.
Thanks for your feedback.
12 of 16 found this helpful