Q.

I’ve overcome everyday irrational fears after PTSD, but am scared to sleep. My doc recommends Elavil. Is it a good idea?

I work night shifts and have taken Ativan.

Psychology
Patricia A. Farrell, Ph.D., LLC
A.

If you would like some reassurance, please check out the Elavil in the PDR (Physicians Desk Reference) which you can find in any bookstore or at your local library in the reference section.

Elavil is a medication that has been around for a long time and has been very helpful for many people. It does have a few side effects and you might want to acquaint yourself with them. Please ask your doctor for some guidance regarding the side effects of this medication, which might include some changes in your diet.

Have you had any therapy to help with your insomnia? I know that you had changed your work schedule in order to work nights, but I am wondering if some therapy might be helpful.

Read the Original Article: Post tramatic stress disorder