Q.

Do women in their 20s need cosmetic surgery for aging?

Related Topics: Cosmetic Surgery, Aging

Cosmetic Facial Surgery
Cosmetic Surgery Specialists Medical Group of Beverly Hills
A.

Recently, I read an interesting article in W Magazine entitled “Prematurely Plastic.” The article looked at young women in their 20s who were having various cosmetic procedures to hold back the ticking clock of time. Is this proper? Should Lindsay Lohan at age 24 be the poster girl for having a variety of injections including Botox?

One commenter said, “Some people wake up at 42 and realize they need to return to 36. But the people who end up looking best have been planning for it all along.”

These are judgment calls. If young people want to have a little Botox or its competitor, Dysport, or filling injections even though the indications are very weak, little risk is incurred. On the other hand, if it is done incorrectly, the strange “frozen” look can present itself after Botox or Dysport.  And, when fillers are overdone as we see with certain celebrities, the “duck lip” is not too attractive.

Common sense should be employed. I see very few teens or young adults in their 20s who are looking “old.” Even here in California, where the standards are high and the sun is strong.

Don’t believe everything you read in the newspapers or magazines, or see on TV. Watch out for fluff and hype.

Read the Original Article: Too Young for Botox?