Here are some common early signs of pregnancy. It's important to keep in mind that the symptoms may be caused by other things besides being pregnant. So the fact that you notice some of these symptoms does not necessarily mean you are pregnant. The only way to tell for sure is with a pregnancy test.
- Spotting and cramping.
- Breast changes.
- Nausea (morning sickness).
- Missed period.
The altered balance of hormones in your body can cause multiple symptoms.
- Many women find frequent urination to be problem starting around the sixth or eighth week after conception. Although this could be caused by a urinary tract infection, diabetes, or excessive use of diuretics, if you're pregnant, it's most likely due to increased levels of hormones.
- The increased level of progesterone can also make you constipated. Progesterone causes food to pass more slowly through your intestines. Drinking plenty of water, exercising, and eating plenty of high-fiber foods can help offset this problem.
- Mood swings are common, especially during the first trimester. These are also related to changes in hormones.
- Many women report frequent mild headaches, and others experience chronic back pain.
- Dizziness and fainting may be related to dilating blood vessels, lower blood pressure, and lower blood sugar. Some women don't discover they're pregnant until they go to the doctor because of a fainting spell and are told that being pregnant is a possible explanation.
If you are pregnant, you could have all of these symptoms, or maybe have only one or two. But if any of these symptoms become bothersome, talk with your doctor about them. The doctor can help you find ways to offset them.
This answer should not be considered medical advice...This answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.
Archived: March 20, 2014
Thanks for your feedback.
1975 of 2500 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Pregnancy Symptoms