Q.

What should I know about going off the pill and getting pregnant?

Related Topics: Pregnancy, Birth Control Pill

A.

People trying to conceive often wonder how long it takes for the effects of birth control medication to wear off. It's actually possible to become pregnant immediately after going off the pill -- as soon as the pill's hormones are out of your system -- although in many cases it will take a few months before ovulation begins normally again.

You should also know that it's safe to conceive right after you go off the pill. Women who conceive immediately after going off the pill are as likely to have a healthy baby as women who waited a few months in between.

Read the Original Article: Getting Started on Getting Pregnant