Q.

At 30, I had my first-ever nose bleed. Then I had another, with a small amount of blood. Could it be serious?

Related Topics: Nose, Epistaxis

A.

Nosebleeds (epistaxis) can be a sign of many different medical conditions, but what you have described in your brief postings -- those specks of blood -- does not sound very serious. Please keep in mind that I do not know anything about you, your medical history, or have any way of delving into your specific case.

The nasopharynx is very rich in blood supply so it does not take much for it to bleed. In the vast majority of cases, this is not an ominous sign.

Seeing your doctor in a few weeks is fine.

Read the Original Article: Blood in post nasal drip