Q.

Last year my husband got his H1N1 shot and was very sick for three days. Is it safe to get this year's flu shot?

Related Topics: Flu, Swine Flu, Injection

A.

He will need to address this question to his medical provider -- someone who knows him, his medical history, and can determine if he can have this year's flu vaccine (that does contain the H1N1). I have not seen reactions like your husband experiences.

Since it takes about two weeks for the flu vaccine ... any flu vaccine ... to be effective, your husband may have actually had the flu from an exposure a day or so before getting the flu shot. He may have falsely attributed those symptoms to the shot. The vaccine cannot cause the flu.

Read the Original Article: Flu Shot Side Effects