Q.

Can SIDS happen if my baby is sleeping at night on my chest? It is the only way she will sleep.

Related Topics: SIDS, Chest, Baby

Pediatrics
A.

... No one really knows the cause of SIDS, but statistically it has been linked to babies sleeping on their bellies and babies who co-sleep.

If you and your baby are falling asleep with your baby on your chest, then you are definitely in the high SIDS risk catagory.

Although some babies are more comfortable sleeping on their bellies, you should be able to retrain him to sleep on his back, in his own crib by utilizing a tight swaddle and being consistent. ...

Read the Original Article: SIDSs