Q.

Women's Health
A.

... Remember that sperm were designed to live in a moist, warm environment, with a certain pH. Thus, even though a bath tub/hot tub is a warm moist place, water by itself (as opposed to a bath tub of normal saline) can hurt sperm by causing them to absorb unwanted water (osmotic shock). Additionally hot tubs usually have chemicals which can change pH, and add toxic to sperm chemicals. Even the use of soap can strip sperm’s protective cell membranes off.

Sperm on hard surfaces remain mobile until they have dried out. The time for this to occur depends upon the environmental temperature and humidity. Sperm are destined to swim in vaginal secretions and cervical mucus. A towel or men’s boxer shorts provide a barrier which is not occlusive as latex, but it slows down sperm movement as some of them end up in the fabric where they dry out. Laundry soap and hand washing will kill sperm on clothes and on fingers. Sperm in the mouth have to contend with the enzymes in the saliva.

Suffice it to say that sperm outside the vagina or male reproductive organs will have a more difficult survival--at best 30 to 120 minutes under the most ideal conditions. That, coupled with the need for an ovulating female, makes pregnancy from this cause unlikely.

Read the Original Article: Urban (or Suburban) Legends About Sex

A.

Hi, this is not an answer but a queston I hope can be answered by a professional.

I woke up and for some reason ejaculated in my sleep. I was with my girlfriend and she performed oral sex for a few min, until I remembered what had happened. I went to the bathroom and used some soap and water quick to wash my penis and rinsed it after with a alittle water. Then she performed oral sex briefly again, and we had sex. Is it a legitamite possiblilty that she could be pregnant? I did not come close to finishing, we were intrrupted

thanks