Q.

My 2-year-old has had a swollen eyelid twice from bug bites. The last one spread on her face. Should I worry?

Related Topics: Eyelid, Swelling, Toddler

Pediatrics
Cohen Children's Medical Center
A.

Although you sound confident that this most recent incident is just a bad bug bite, I would worry about the possibility of cellulitis, since swelling and redness are common to both, and cellulitis can start with just a bite.

I would err on the side of going to see your doctor. Another possibility is speaking with him or her on the phone and ask if he or she is willing to view a good quality photo sent by e-mail.

An infection in this area cannot be ignored.

Read the Original Article: 2 year old with bad reaction to bug bites...is this normal?