Q.

What is a fatty liver, and will weight loss help?

Hepatology
American Gastroenterological Association
A.
Once a fatty liver shows up by imaging studies - such as a sonongram, it means that at least 30% of your liver is laden with fat. This is very unhealthy for your liver and impacts your likelihood of curing HCV with antiviral treatment. ... In addition to a healthy weight-loss diet and exercise program, studies have demonstrated that the following vitamins may be helpful in treating fatty livers - Vitamin E, Betaine, Vitamin C, Vitamin D. Of course, prior to starting any new diet/vitamins/and exercise you must check with your personal physician, as he/she knows the details of your history best.

... I actually researched and published on this issue over 2 decades ago -- and found that losing 10% of your current body weight will significantly impact the amount of fat on your liver. ...

Read the Original Article: Fatty Liver