Q.

What's the best way to shave my face?

Dermatology
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery and Skin Care
A.

Most men shave their face on a daily basis; here are a few tips for a more comfortable shave.

The best time to shave is after you shower. The warm water allows the pores to open and also softens facial hair before shaving.

Always apply a shaving cream or shave gel to prepare your skin before shaving. Using a shave brush (natural bristles are best) instead of your hands is the best way to apply your shaving cream. A shaving brush will help your whiskers to stand up and will result in a closer shave; using your hands will actually push the hair down.

As you shave, go with the grain, not against it. This will help to prevent hair bumps from forming.

The top layer of skin is exfoliated as you shave; therefore, it is important to moisturize your skin after you shave. This will replace any moisture that was taken away during shaving. It is best to use a moisturizer that contains sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.

Read the Original Article: A Few Tips for Shaving the Face