Q.

Is it safe to take probiotics long-term?

Fibromyalgia
A.
... I think probiotics are fine and not harmful over the long term. As you know, they contain friendly yeast and bacteria that are normally found in the body's intestines; called normal flora. They do not contain harmful or potentially dangerous mixtures of organisms. If there is an imbalance in our normal flora, probiotics can help correct the problem, especially with Candida overgrowth. The body will basically incorporate whatever it needs from the probiotic pills to rebalance the flora. If we have chronic problems, then regular probiotics may be needed and helpful. If we are balanced and still take probiotics that may not be needed at that time, the body should simply pass it through with no harm done. If my patients feel they help, I have no problem if they continue taking probiotics....

Read the Original Article: DR P How much Probiotic is too much and how long should one take them?