Q.

Is there a connection between Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) and fibromyalgia?

Fibromyalgia
A.

Yes there is a relationship between Ehlers Danlos (EDS) and FM. Inherited connective tissue disorders including EDS, Marfan's and joint hypermobility syndrome often lead to FM as well. I consider this to be a reactive FM or secondary FM (as opposed to FM all by itself or primary FM). Reactive FM acts like any other FM and needs its own special attention, in addition to treating the connective tissue disorder.

In the case of EDS, most commonly this follows an autosomal dominant inheritance pattern so that means 50% of the offspring are at risk statistically of inheriting EDS. Reactive FM is not "automatic" in everyone with connective tissue diseases but I see them commonly together. ...

Read the Original Article: Dr. P