Q.

Is it safe to be out in the sun all day if I am pregnant?

Related Topics: Pregnancy

Obstetrics & Gynecology
Mercy Medical Center
A.

Whether you are pregnant or not, sunning has risks. When you are pregnant, dehydration may occur which can lead to preterm delivery and if severe early in pregnancy may lead to possible pregnancy loss.

Sunburns increase the risk of skin cancer; you need to be careful.

I recommend all women to be very careful when at the beach. I really don't recommend being out in the heat of the day. You must drink plenty of liquids in order to stay hydrated. You should not be under the direct sunlight either. Stay covered when outside.

If you have further questions, I would suggest you contact your physician.

Read the Original Article: Is too much sun safe?