Q.

I am 37 and pregnant with my fourth child. Do I need to see a high-risk obstetrician (OB)?

Related Topics: Pregnancy, Vision

Obstetrics & Gynecology
Mercy Medical Center
A.

... You do not necessarily need a high risk OB. Your doctor will be just fine. Your age does increase the risk of complications, but nothing your physician cannot handle.

He/she may refer you to a high risk OB (MFM) to see you several times during the pregnancy for a consultation, maybe genetic counseling (due to your age) and maybe a few extra ultrasounds due to your age.

You should be able to stay with your OB unless he no longer takes the insurance you now have. ...

Read the Original Article: Do I need a high risk dr?