My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

I am 37 and pregnant with my fourth child. Do I need to see a high-risk obstetrician (OB)?

Related Topics: Pregnancy, Vision

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

Obstetrics & Gynecology
Mercy Medical Center
33 Answers
507 Helpful Votes

... You do not necessarily need a high risk OB. Your doctor will be just fine. Your age does increase the risk of complications, but nothing your physician cannot handle.

He/she may refer you to a high risk OB (MFM) to see you several times during the pregnancy for a consultation, maybe genetic counseling (due to your age) and maybe a few extra ultrasounds due to your age.

You should be able to stay with your OB unless he no longer takes the insurance you now have. ...

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

2 of 2 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Do I need a high risk dr?