Q.

What effect can Wellbutrin have while my wife and I are trying to conceive and on the baby while it is breastfeeding?

Related Topics: Baby, Breastfeed

Obstetrics & Gynecology
Mercy Medical Center
A.

... You probably can relax so you can plan your child. We do not know of any real fetal anomalies that occur because the male takes the medication. Remember the medication will only be on the sperm (if any) and it will not affect breast feeding or any other issue with the baby. Wellbutrin we use for mothers during and after pregnancy.

The biggest issue you need to understand, if you have depression, we believe it may be passed to your child. It may be passed in a dominant fashion so 50% of your children may be affected by depression. Knowing this may help you identify the problem early so they can be seen and treated. ... 

Read the Original Article: Anti-depressant effects on sperm