Q.

I have celiac sprue, and my doctor prescribed Bystolic to treat it. Does this medication contain wheat?

Related Topics: Celiac Disease, Wheat, Drug

Pharmacology
A.

According to the manufacturer, Bystolic “may contain corn starch or wheat starch.” Therefore, Bystolic is not gluten-free. If you need to maintain a totally gluten-free diet, I would be cautious when taking this medication.

I recommend that you work with your health care provider to see what is best for you. If you need more questions answered about this medication, you can contact Forest Laboratories at 800-678-1605.

Read the Original Article: Digestive Problems: Ask the Pharmacist