Q.

Is it OK to take over-the-counter sleep aids such as Tylenol PM, Motrin PM, and Advil PM for migraines?

Do some of these medications contain acetaminophen? Can these medications cause long-term side effects?
Related Topics: AIDS, Migraine, Ibuprofen

Pharmacology
A.
There medications are intended to aid in sleeping. Tylenol PM (acetaminophen and diphenhydramine), Motrin PM (ibuprofen and diphenhydramine), and Advil PM (ibuprofen and diphenhydramine) all have medications to help alleviate the pain. The diphenydramine can help in making you sleepy. I would be cautious in using this product on a regular basis and would consult with your health care professional if migraines or headaches become persistent. Make sure to read the directions on the label carefully to prevent improper use of these over-the-counter medications.

Read the Original Article: Headache and Migraine Treatment: Ask the Pharmacist