Q.

Can you give a 9-year-old Excedrin Migraine medicine?

Related Topics: Drug

Pharmacology
A.

Excedrin Migraine contains acetaminophen 250 mg, aspirin 250 mg, and caffeine 65 mg. Aspirin and products containing aspirin should not be used for children due to the increased risk of Reye's syndrome. The exact cause or cure for Reye's syndrome is unknown. However, we do know that children taking aspirin increases the risk, which attacks the organs of the body. Since there isn't a cure, we don't want to take the risk of harming the child.

I would not give your child Excedrin Migraine. Pay attention to the label on all over-the-counter medication to make sure you taking appropriately, and so you know the recommended age as well.

Read the Original Article: Headache and Migraine Treatment: Ask the Pharmacist