Q.

Where is the safest place to inject heparin when you are pregnant?

Related Topics: Pregnancy, Injection

Pharmacology
A.

Heparin is given as a subcutaneous injection. There are three areas recommended for administration of a subcutaneous injection: the upper arm, the abdomen, or the thigh. ...

I would avoid the stomach area for injection since you are pregnant. You will need a partner to give the injections since the locations available for administration are difficult to reach on your own.

Read the Original Article: Pregnancy Health Tips: Ask the Pharmacist