Q.

What can I do to treat Varicose Veins at home?

Related Topics: Varicose Vein

Medical Reference
A.

Home treatment is recommended for most people with varicose veins that aren't causing more serious problems. Home treatment can relieve symptoms and slow down the progress of varicose veins. For many people with varicose veins, home treatment is the only treatment they need.

If you have varicose veins, you can help control the problem and keep it from getting worse if you:

Superficial varicose veins can sometimes cause minor problems like bruising or bleeding if you scratch or cut the skin over a larger vein. Small blood clots may occasionally form in the surface veins (superficial phlebitis). Most of these problems can be safely treated at home.

• If you bump your leg so hard that you know it is likely to bruise, elevate your leg and apply ice or a cold pack as soon as you can for the next hour or two. This may help reduce the amount of bleeding under the skin and minimize bruising.
  • If you cut or scratch the skin over a vein, it may bleed a lot. Elevate your leg and apply firm pressure with a clean bandage over the site of the bleeding. Continue to apply pressure for a full 15 minutes. Do not check to see if the bleeding has stopped sooner. If the bleeding hasn't stopped after 15 minutes, apply pressure again for another 15 minutes. You can repeat this up to three times for a total of 45 minutes.

Signs of a small blood clot in a superficial varicose vein (superficial phlebitis) include tenderness and swelling over the vein. The vein may feel firm. If your doctor has told you how to care for superficial phlebitis, follow his or her instructions.

• Often doctors will recommend that you elevate your leg and apply heat with a warm, damp cloth or a heating pad set on low (to prevent burns, put a towel or cloth between your leg and the heating pad).
  • Your doctor may also tell you to take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (for example, two aspirin or ibuprofen tablets taken 3 to 4 times a day at first and less often as your symptoms go away).
  • Talk to your doctor if you are not sure that your symptoms are caused by a superficial blood clot or if you are not sure how to treat your symptoms.

Read the Original Article: Varicose Veins-Home Treatment
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise Healthwise This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information. © 1995-2011 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.

A.
Actually, there are plenty of options that you can do to treat varicose veins but that is still depend how badly your varicose veins are. Some veins can be treated at home at their early stage, however, if those varicose veins already growing and became like the monster of our legs then only the doctors can decide the best treatment.

I have heard and read a lot that compression stockings can be a big help to get rid of those varicose veins but I don't know yet if those are really effective or not but you can always try to work it out. 
I have also found some good resource too:
http://www.nowloss.com/How-to-get-rid-of-spider-veins-naturally.htm

Honestly, My aunt had spider veins and it doesn;t look good (obviously) on her right leg. She is living in Montreal, Canada.. She did some home remedies to get rid of it but it never happened. The last option was to go to the doctor and she had surgery. She got this info from their clinic http://varice.ca. She said they were the best.. You can always do try it.