Q.

What can I do to treat Scoliosis at home?

Related Topics: Scoliosis

Medical Reference
A.

If your child or teen has been diagnosed with mild scoliosis and has a spinal curve of less than 25 degrees, it is important that a doctor check the child's spine every 4 to 6 months to see whether the curve is getting worse. Even though most spinal curves do not progress to the point where treatment is necessary, it is important to check for curve progression because early treatment can often stop it.

Impact of scoliosis on a child or teen

Treatment for moderate or severe scoliosis can dramatically impact your child's life. If your child has scoliosis, it is important that your family be sensitive to the difficulty of having scoliosis and wearing a brace. A scoliosis clinic, where other children are being treated, can provide a supportive environment for your child.

Adult scoliosis

Adults who have scoliosis may have back pain. In addition to medicine, other steps that help to maintain or promote good health, such as regular exercise and proper back care, may help relieve back pain for some adults.

Read the Original Article: Scoliosis-Home Treatment
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise Healthwise This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information. © 1995-2011 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.

A.
I am a 68 year old male who has been diagnosed with scoliosis and have had pain for several years. I received back surgery from my back surgeon about two years ago. He has done many such surgeries and has been extremely successful. My case was not as he fused my lower four vertebrae. After therapy and him admitting it did not work he suggested another operation on my middle back doing the same. I balked and said lets wait. It has been awhile now and I am in a wheelchair in an assisted living center. I also have to take some narcotics for pain. I am just curios if there is other treatments available or maybe a brace to help me. Thank you. 

Robert Matthews